CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Programme Manager at Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA)
Job Title: Programme Manager
Location: Lagos or Abuja
Reporting To: Executive Director, Healthcare Leadership Academy
Background and Role Summary
Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA) is a capacity building platform for healthcare professionals in Africa. Established in 2017, HLA focuses primarily on building leadership, management, and quality improvement capabilities and to this end, develops and delivers a variety of innovative training programmes to address the identified competency gaps of various demographics of healthcare professionals.
Beneficiaries of our programmes include but are not limited to frontline clinicians, senior executives of healthcare facilities, healthcare administrators working within health ministries and agencies, and health policymakers.
Currently, the HLA has three recurring programmes – each of which is delivered on an annual basis. In addition to these, the HLA designs and delivers bespoke programmes for healthcare corporations and/or state governments upon request, and offers alumni an ever-widening array of ongoing capability building opportunities.
The HLA is recruiting for the position of a Programme Manager to oversee one or more of the organisation’s training programmes. A description of what this position entails is listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Project Management
- Develop and maintain a robust programme work plan which would outline in detail the various tasks, timelines and key milestones involved in the successful execution of the programme
- Prepare and manage the programme budget – this involves judiciously managing resources to ensure that the programme is delivered in a financial efficient manner whilst retaining its integrity and quality standard
- Work with the HLA team to ensure that implementation targets are met – this would involve the early identification of potential bottlenecks/challenges and potential solutions to these
- Work with the HLA team to identify and implement strategies that would maximise the sustainability (both in terms of social impact, and fiscal sustainability) of the organisation’s interventions
- Prepare programme update documentation for internal and/or external consumption
- Contribute to the development of board update documents and end of year reports
B. Stakeholder Management
- Work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective execution of the programme
- Identify and engage academics, thought leaders, and industry experts in particular areas of interest to serve as faculty, and or resource persons who provide valuable insights and inputs to the HLA programmes and facilitate the HLA’s realisation of its vision
- Co-ordinate a team of faculty and mentors to ensure the timely development of programme curricula and supporting learning materials
- Ensure programme participants and all other relevant parties are provided with programme specific resources and information in a timely manner as required
C. Research and Analytics
- Perform needs analyses (where required) of the competency gaps of the target demographic and delineate the areas therein to prioritise
- Perform a market place analysis of the programme to fully elucidate its value proposition and determine its market potential, and remain up to date on developments within the sector
- Create and/or review the results framework for the programme to ensure that inputs are commensurate with the expected outcomes and impact Systematically evaluate the programme against this framework using evidence based approaches/tools both during and after delivery and propose recommendations for programme enhancement accordingly
D. Brand Communication
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the organisation’s goals, approaches, and programmes and be able to effectively communicate these to third parties
- Liaise with the HLA communications team to ensure that all communication related to the programme being managed are prepared when required and represent up-to-date and relevant information. This includes information shared via the website, social media, and other marketing tools.
- Seek opportunities to showcase the work of the HLA to relevant audiences both locally and internationally Qualifications
- Minimum requirement of a postgraduate degree or a medical degree; and a
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in either the health sector, education, or academia (or a combination of these)
- Experience working in postgraduate education- specifically, in curriculum development and/or facilitation;
- Experience evaluating educational programmes and/or qualitative research experience;
- Experience with grant proposal writing/application;
- Mentoring and coaching experience, or coaching certification
Skills and Knowledge
Applicants for this position must demonstrate:
- Thought leadership
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent collaborative/team-working abilities
- Adaptability, dynamism, a willingness to learn and an intrinsic motivation to excel
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com under the subject “Application for the Programme Manager Position”.
Deadline for application submission is Friday February 4th, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.